Academus Secondary works in partnerships with schools to improve participation, from Year 7 to Year 13. These students manage and benefit from an online education which allows them to keep up with their learning, qualifications and a bright future.
Academus Secondary has been subject to two OFSTED inspections with the schools and
local authorities where we reinforced teaching & learning for those who were at risk of not achieving. We have been able to support the school and local authorities meet their legal educational obligations whilst improving learning opportunities for young people.
Academus Secondary’s ethos and passion is to deliver high quality education to all learners irrespective of their background. Our school embraces and accepts all students and some of our typical pupils have come from the following background- albeit the list is not complete but rather a snapshot of our learners.
- At risk of exclusion
- Excluded from secondary school
- Unable to attend school for medical reasons
- Unable to attend school for mental health reasons
- Special Educational Needs (S.E.N)
- Young people in the public care system (L.A.C)
- Teenage mothers
- Not in education, employment or training (N.E.E.T)
- Young offenders
- New arrivals, refugees and asylum seekers
- Victims of bullying
- School phobic