Any place/ any time
Our learners are able to access their learning from home, school inclusion centers and PRUs or local authority community centers. All that is needed is a PC and broadband connection. (In some of our Pilot Studies we even worked with Connexions who provided the student with mobile broadband via a dongle to access learning.)
At Academus, we believe that the technology should be there to help the learning process, not complicate it. In a nutshell, our learning environment requires a computer with a broadband internet connection.
We are committed to walking every student and parent through the process of getting fully comfortable with our learning environment, and are always happy to advise on technical support matters.
Below are the more technical minimum requirements.
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Mac OS
- MS office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- A Pentium III microprocessor or compatible
- 25MB free of hard disk space
- Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox internet browser
- 512 Mbps Broadband internet connection
- Sound card and a combined headset/microphone